Sustainability & The Environment
The company will comply fully with Environmental and Sustainability legislation along with being committed to continued efforts to follow best practice. As part of the Production Live Ltd commitment to maintaining the highest levels of sustainability management, it is the intention that the company will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO 14001.
Aims of the policy:
- Promote sustainability management policies and practices throughout the company
- Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among Production Live staff
• Promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
• Minimise waste by reducing consumption and the development of effective waste management and recycling procedures.
• Prevent pollution and ensure that wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
• Avoid, where economically possible, the use of environmentally damaging substances and materials.
• Wherever possible, encourage the use of recycled materials for company activity.
• Reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and adopt long-term strategies for energy efficiency into planning and development.
• Encourage and facilitate transport by staff minimising environmental impact.
• Consider the effects that our operations have on the local community
• Seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
• Ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigating and reporting
• Continuously monitor and audit Production Live Ltd’s Sustainability policies and practice.
Responsibility for the Sustainabilty Policy
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
All employees and subcontractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
As the company’s primary business activities are discrete, temporary events, each event is allocated a Sustainability Manager. Their role is to ensuring that appropriate arrangements are in place for effective implementation of Production Live Ltd’s sustainability and environmental policies. The includes but is not limited to, implementation of ISO 14001 and ISO 20121.
The Managing Director has an overall responsibility for all environmental matters.
Implementation of the Policy
The company Managing Director, in conjunction with event Sustainability Managers, are responsible for implementing the policy within the company. The MD has the lead Sustainability Policy role for company. Reviews of these company policies should happen regularly.
Production Live will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
Monitoring of environmental performance of suppliers
We encourage our suppliers to provide similar sustainability policies in an assurance that they assume similar responsibilities to our own. Our quality control procedures include regular monitoring of our suppliers and will address environmental issues should they arise. It is the responsibility of our employees to assess the quality and service of products entering the building both for hire and sale. We will also act on feedback from our end users as well as advise from our professional bodies; including the sustainable event alliance, where our status as an approved supplier is condition on the upholding of their members charter. Production Live also trades with other European companies and International companies and acknowledges global environmental issues.
Review and monitoring of the policy.
The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain constant and applicable to Production Live Ltd’s activities.
Signed: T. LAKE
Tony Lake Managing Director
Production Live Ltd